[Chicago] Dedicated Server Hosting Recommendations?

Malcolm Newsome malcolm.newsome at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 15:05:02 CET 2011

Hey ChiPy,

I'm on the hunt for the "best" price/performance for dedicated (non-managed)
server hosting.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Something with specs similar to this will do just fine, but obviously
looking to get the most bang for my buck.

*	OS: Linux CentOS
*	CPU: Intel CoreT 2 Duo - 2.66 GHz
*	RAM: 4 GB
*	Storage: 2 x 300 GB hard drives
*	Bandwidth: 1,500 GB per month

Also, does anyone have experience using dedicated servers overseas for
hosting?  Is this something I should consider or absolutely stay away from
(given that most traffic will be coming from the US)?

Thanks!

Malcolm