[Chicago] Chicago Djangonauts meetup, April 7th

Ben Rathbone ben.rathbone at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:05:56 CET 2011

For Django enthusiasts....

Invitation:
Chicago Djangonauts meetup, April 7th

After several years on life support, Imaginary Landscape is
resurrecting the Chicago Djangonauts user group with a meetup at our
offices.

Date/Time:
Thursday, April 7th @ 7pm

Location:
Imaginary Landscape
5121 N. Ravenswood Ave.
Chicago, IL  60640

Overview:
Rackspace Cloud and Django, a Live Demonstration

Join us for a live demonstration as we create a server within the
Rackspace cloud and build a simple site using Django and DjangoCMS.
Imaginary Landscape has been evaluating the cloud as a production
environment for our Django clients. You'll see the process from the
ground up in real time in addition to Q&A with Imaginary technical
staff.

In addition, we will open the floor for a discussion on reviving
Chicago Djangonaut meetings on a regular basis as well as content
plans for future meetings.

Imaginary will provide pizza, beer and soft drinks.

Background:
Having just returned from the largest PyCon ever, we are energized by
the continued adoption of Python and have supported ChiPy for years.
However as a Django shop, we miss the Chicago Djangonauts and would
like to ressurect a Django-specific users group in Chicago.  Please
drop by for the cloud demo, some food/drink as well as a meet and
greet.

Imaginary Landscape is a 4-time sponsor of PyCon, a 2-time sponsor of
DjangoCon and frequent sponsor of ChiPy meetings. We've been creating
websites using Python since 1999 and Django since 2007.

Additional background can be found in the blog post, "PyCon, Django in
Chicago and general musings."
http://chicagodjango.com/blog/pycon-django-chicago-general-musings/

Action:
RSVP through our Facebook event page or our contact form so we know
how much beer to buy!
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185265348184736
Contact form: