[Chicago] Chicago X.Org Developers' Summit

Michael Larabel Michael at phoronix.com
Thu Mar 31 14:51:58 CEST 2011

Hi, I was recommended by an Ubuntu LoCo member to ask a Chicago
organization here.

I'm organizing the 2011 X.Org Developers' Conference/Summit and looking
to host it in Chicago this September. The X.Org Foundation is looking
for a venue for around ~60 developers that ideally can offer us a large
room for a period of about three days, at ideally little or no cost.

I wanted to see from the Ubuntu Chicago list if anyone has any potential
leads or recommendations for such a venue? I've contacted the CS
departments at area universities and a few of them look potentially
hopeful while I am still waiting on others.

http://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2011

Additionally, before or after the event the X.Org Foundation is looking
to host a smaller book-sprint where they hope to write 'A New
Developer's Guide To X.Org'. For this sprint to last a few days it can
be at a different venue as they are just expecting ~10 people.

Thanks for any information.

Michael Larabel