[Chicago] The Chicago LUG (sortof)

Dan Krol orblivion at gmail.com
Wed May 11 00:44:08 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I just thought I'd reach out this list to try to find any people who
considered themselves members or fans of the Chicago LUG (which may seem to
have all but faded into nonexistence), and to any new people who may be
interested. Well, we're getting the band back together on May 21st 3PM, and
we will be meeting at Pumping Station One, Chicago's friendly neighborhood
hackerspace:

http://tinyurl.com/chiglug-first-2011 (Details still forming)

We had some issues with our old site, and list (which is why I'm looking for
people here), so at this point we're trying to (re)assemble
anybody interested in staying in the loop onto here:
http://groups.google.com/group/chicagolinux-discuss

At this point we've decided it isn't a Linux User's Group anymore, and
never exactly was, at least for a long time. We're a group of people who
like to meet up on a Saturday afternoon, drink beer, and listen to talks
about interesting stuff in the realm of open source and programming. We're
still working on a name change, but a strong contender is Chicago Open
Source Enthusiasts. For now though, we're just gonna try meeting up again
and see where it goes.

Thanks!