[Chicago] pycharm Re: Venue & Topic

Wes Cleveland wcleveland at narrativescience.com
Mon Oct 10 16:52:14 CEST 2011

Just wanted to toss Sublime Text Editor into the mix.  Here is a
lightning-list of features:

-Cross platform!
-TextMate Successor, includes all the snippets, etc from TextMate
-Sleek interface with full screen and no-distractions modes
-VIM text editing mode for those coming from VIM
-Multi-select and other great automation features
-2-column, 3 column, 2-4 pane window modes and more
-Very actively developed with a strong and passionate community

Perhaps the coolest part for our interests is the embedded python
interpreter powering a huge array of plugins and packages.  For example, I'm
currently using a git plugin, a python intellisence / autocomplete, a pylint
/ pyflakes package, and a few others (Great package manager here:
http://wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control)

Sublime has quickly swept across my office of python devs.  If you are
trying out new editors, I strongly suggest giving it a try!

http://www.sublimetext.com/2

-Wes C