[Chicago] The Chipy network

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sun Oct 16 04:25:05 CEST 2011

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 04:06:02PM -0500, Joshua Herman wrote:
> On Oct 15, 2011, at 3:22 PM, Eric Stein wrote:
> > P.S. Does the lack of increment and decrement operators in Python bug
> > anyone else?

> Yea, it annoys me too...

My knee-jerk was "yeah, me too", but then I stopped and tried to
remember the last time I wanted to use any of them in Python code, and
I couldn't.  All the examples I came up with seemed to me to be
unpythonic - writing a loop that should be for range(something) the
hard way or some such.  I dimly recall doing stuff like that a decade
ago when I first started dabbling in Python, coming from a largely C
background.  Now, well, as I say, I can think of places they could be
used, but I get those loops by downcoding into C-in-Python.  -1.

--
Pruning and restoring a blighted tree is almost an impossible task.
The same is true of blighted computer programs.  Restoring a structure