[Chicago] From Quora

Jonathan Hayward jonathan.hayward at pobox.com
Fri Sep 2 13:03:47 CEST 2011

In the Bible, in the opening chapters of Genesis, people decide to
self-deify by making a tower that will reach up to Heaven. (Having the
world's tallest skyscraper is still something want.) And, as the story goes,
God cursed this project by making the people speak different languages and
be unable to communicate with each other.

Implicit in this (actually, explicitly stated in the beginning of this
story), is that the whole earth spoke a single language, and there is
something of a mythic quality to this language. This is the language from
the Garden of Eden, the language of Paradise.

On Quora.com, someone asked, "What was the original language that was spoken
by Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden?"

My answer: "Python."