[Chicago] PyCon 2012 Proposals Due October 12

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 00:53:18 CEST 2011

The deadline for PyCon 2012 tutorial, talk, and poster proposals is
under 15 days away, so be sure to get your submissions in by October
12, 2011. Whether you’re a first-timer or an experienced veteran,
PyCon is depends on you, the community, coming together to build the
best conference schedule possible. Our
call for proposals (http://us.pycon.org/2012/cfp/) lays out the
details it takes to be included in the lineup for the conference in
Santa Clara, CA on March 7-15, 2012.

If you’re unsure of what to write about, our recent survey yielded a
large list of potential talk topics
(http://pycon.blogspot.com/2011/09/need-talk-ideas.html), and plenty
of ideas for tutorials (INSERT TUTORIAL POST). We’ve also come up with
general tips on proposal writing at
http://pycon.blogspot.com/2011/08/writing-good-proposal.html to ensure
everyone has the most complete proposal when it comes time for review.
As always, the program committee wants to put together an incredible
conference, so they’ll be working with submitters to fine tune
proposal details and help you produce the best submissions.

We’ve had plenty of great news to share since we first announced the
call for proposals. Paul Graham of Y Combinator was recently announced
as a keynote speaker
(http://pycon.blogspot.com/2011/09/announcing-first-pycon-2012-keynote.html),
making his return after a 2003 keynote. David Beazley, famous for his
mind-blowing talks on CPython’s Global Interpreter Lock, was added to
the plenary talk series
(http://pycon.blogspot.com/2011/09/announcing-first-pycon-2012-plenary.html).
Sponsors can now list their job openings on the “Job Fair” section of
the PyCon site (http://pycon.blogspot.com/2011/09/announcing-pycon-2012-fair-page-sponsor.html).
We’re hard at work to bring you the best conference yet, so stay tuned
to PyCon news at http://pycon.blogspot.com/ and on Twitter at
https://twitter.com/#!/pycon.

We recently eclipsed last year’s sponsorship count of 40 and are
currently at a record 52 organizations supporting PyCon. If you or
your organization are interested in sponsoring PyCon, we’d love to
hear from you, so check out our sponsorship page
(http://us.pycon.org/2012/sponsors/).

A quick thanks to all of our awesome PyCon 2012 Sponsors:

- Diamond Level: Google and Dropbox.
- Platinum Level: New Relic, SurveyMonkey, Microsoft, Eventbrite,
Nasuni and Gondor.io
- Gold Level: Walt Disney Animation Studios, CCP Games, Linode,
Enthought, Canonical, Dotcloud, Loggly, Revsys, ZeOmega, Bitly,
ActiveState, JetBrains, Caktus, Disqus, Spotify, Snoball, Evite, and
PlaidCloud
- Silver Level: Imaginary Landscape, WiserTogether, Net-ng, Olark, AG
Interactive, Bitbucket, Open Bastion, 10Gen, gocept, Lex Machina,
fwix, github, toast driven, Aarki, Threadless, Cox Media, myYearBook,
Accense Technology, Wingware, FreshBooks, and BigDoor
- Lanyard: Dreamhost
- Sprints: Reddit
- FLOSS: OSU/OSL, OpenHatch

The PyCon Organizers - http://us.pycon.org/2012