[Chicago] New ChiPy Logo Proposal

Phil probare.enteract at rcn.com
Tue Apr 24 00:20:13 CEST 2012

On Sun, 2012-04-22 at 21:28 -0500, Brian Ray wrote:

> I am proposing this to be our new logo. This is fine artwork
> commission done by Marysya
> Rudska http://www.facebook.com/marysya.rudska   Any +1 for making this
> our new logo. Likewise, any complaints or concerns.

I was concerned that it would not scale or translate into black and
white.  So I made SVG an version in inkscape and a B&W version in gimp
that I then autotraced in inkscape.  I actually think I like the color
SVG version a little better than the original.  So +1 for the logo
change.

The sizes of the files are: original 127.3 KB, color svg 108.3 KB (could
probably be halved if the autotraced nodes were hand edited), Black &
white png 22.8 KB, Black & white svg 11.9 KB.  Showing that SVG is an
efficient format even if it is XML.

Phil