[Chicago] New ChiPy Logo Proposal

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Tue Apr 24 20:11:29 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 12:38, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:
>> No way, if we are paying someone to make logos they should do all the
>> work.
>
> I half agree with this, but how much should we be spending on a logo?
> Seems like an odd thing to be spending any money on.

As much as I like, appreciate, and applaud the artwork presented, I
have to say I don't think it's a great use of ChiPy's limited funds to
spend on artwork. At least in the Python world, I can't think of any
groups who even have an *old* mascot/logo let alone a new one, and
outside of one group I'm not aware of any that have greater than $0
associated with their group.

That's not to say I don't think the artist could be rewarded, but I'd
have to know more about the money behind the scenes and an estimate of
the cost before throwing a real number out.