[Chicago] ChiPy *special* August Meeting: *this* Thursday 9th 7pm at Morningstar with Chicago ALT.NET

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 23:59:29 CEST 2012

#!/sbin/awesome -v

Chicago Python User Group
====================

This is going to be monumental. Join us with special guests Bill Gates
and Guido van Rossum as Chicago ALT.NET http://chicagoalt.net/
co-hosts our best meeting ever: best at Morningstar HQ; or anywhere
else on the planet; or in cyberspace; or on Mars, for that matter or
for anit-matter. Bill and Guido have kindly offered to buy food and
beer for the event. This will be best ever!

Pretty Please RSVP Quick Links:
YES http://chipy.org/meetings/rsvp/51/yes
MAYBE http://chipy.org/meetings/rsvp/51/maybe
        OR RSVP on the ALT.net site
http://altnetchicago-groupsite.eventbrite.com/

When
----

Thursday August 9th, 2012 at 7PM

Where
-----

Morningstar Inc: Global Headquarters
22 W Washington St,  7th Floor
Chicago, IL 60602

Topics
---------------

Food and Intro By Brian Ray and Sponsors: Get there early for food,
doors open at 6:30

1) Python inspired: Boo
By: Scott Stephens
* Static typing with type inference
* Optional duck typing
* Many meta-programming facilities, including an extensible compiler
infrastructure
* A nice interactive console, an interpreter, AND a traditional compiler
* Comparisons to Python

2) From Mono to IronPython
By: Fawad Halim
Introduction to Mono, what it means in relation to .NET, with a segway
into IronPython.

** at some point there will some open discussion and some trust
building exercises.

About ChiPy
-----------

ChiPy is a group of Chicago Python Programmers. Participants range
from absolute beginners to seasoned veterans. In short, *everyone* is
welcome (including you)! Every second Thursday of the month ChiPy
members gather to give talks on a wide variety of topics related to
Python and related technology. Our community benefits from a variety
of participants, so we would love it if you would make yourself a
participant!

ChiPy website: http://chipy.org
ChiPy Announcement *ONLY* Mailing List:
Python website: http://python.org