[Chicago] Suggestions/Advice?

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 07:06:40 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Daniel Peters <danieltpeters at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm about to dive into some android development and could use any advice
> or suggestions on a solid primer on java.  I've never written a line of it
> and the brief bit of googling I've done has left me overwhelmed on where to
> start.  So aside from the obvious ("Don't"), what would you say to a python
> programmer about to get into java chipy?

Hey Daniel.
You should forget Java and use PhoneGap http://phonegap.com/ The side
effect is that you'll also have an iOS app when you're done ;) These
proprietary stacks need to die. You might run into issues where you have to
go a native route but it's worth a try first to see how far you get.

Kumar