[Chicago] Get/Set/Accessors in Python?

Malcolm Newsome malcolm.newsome at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 16:38:47 CET 2012

Hey ChiPy,

Python is/was my first language.  Yet, I've recently begun learning C# for
my new job.

One thing I've come across in C# (and, quite frankly, am having a difficult
time grasping) is Get and Set (Accessors).

Since, I don't ever recall reading about this in Python, I'm wondering if
they exist.  If not, what is the "thinking" behind why they are not
included in the language?

Additionally, a separate, but perhaps related question is that I have not
seen public/private classes in Python.  How might this factor into the
whole accessor scenario?  (Or, am I trying to relate two topics that have
nothing to do with each other?)

Hopefully these questions are clear enough...

Thanks in advance,

Malcolm Newsome