[Chicago] Multiple test suites in PyDev

Tim Ottinger tottinge at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 23:15:17 CET 2012

I always use sniffer/nose in a separate window, even when working in pydev,
so I'm not sure what the trick is.

Sniffer is wonderful. It runs all the tests any time a file changes, so you
always know (without asking) if your tests are green or red. Sadly, it
doesn't integrate with eclipse windows (that I know of).

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Tal Liron <tal.liron at threecrickets.com>wrote:

>  I would first crawl all directories in your Eclipse projects root looking
> for tests. You can use the os.walk API. Note that if you have non-PyDev
> Eclipse projects, you can quickly dismiss them from your crawl: PyDev
> projects have a ".pydevproject" file in their root directory.
>
> Once you've found all files with the tests, you can import them by first
> programatically using __import__.
>

> On 12/27/2012 03:57 PM, Oren Livne wrote:
>
> Dear Tal,
>
> Thanks. I thought of creating the Test project, but don't know how to use
> the dynamicism to import everything. Is there a good tutorial on that?
>
> Oren
>
> On 12/27/2012 3:51 PM, Tal Liron wrote:
>
> I would create a new project called "Test", which just has one test that
> uses Python magickal dynamism to import tests from all the other projects.
>
> When it works I would share this snippet online so that others may enjoy.
>
> On 12/27/2012 09:35 AM, Oren Livne wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> I work in eclipse. I have 10 projects, each of which has a main test suite
> that I can run with a PyDev PyUnit run config. How can I create a
> super-test PyDev suite/run config that runs all of them with one click?
>
> Thanks,
> Oren

> A person is just about as big as the things that make him angry.

Tim Ottinger, Sr. Consultant, Industrial Logic
http://www.industriallogic.com/
http://agileinaflash.com/
http://agileotter.blogspot.com/