[Chicago] Python Developer Job Opportunity

John Stoner johnstoner2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 19:49:15 CET 2012

I've been floating between full employment and contracting for the
last few years, and I've decided to commit to my own business. I'm
incorporating soon, and establishing relationships with companies that
need what I can do, and looking for other opportunities. I do Python,
and some Java, and I'm learning about some newer stuff--Scala and
Haskell, and 3D printing.

I'm not sure if I'm a fit for this particular opportunity, but if I
am, let's continue the conversation.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Hosmer, Mike <Mike.Hosmer at hudson.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> My name is Mike Hosmer and I am a recruiter at Hudson. I am currently
> searching for a Python developer to start immediately for one of my clients
> in downtown Chicago. This is an excellent opportunity at a fast growing well
> known company. If you are interested, please email me a resume and we can
> discuss this position further. In addition, we offer a $500 referral fee, so
> if you know anyone that might be a good fit, please let me know!
>

> Here at the details:
>

> Title: Python / Perl Developer
>
> Hudson is seeking a skilled Python developer to work on site in Chicago, IL
> in a contract role to help get the team up to speed. Our client is looking
> to speed up BI / ETL processes, and right now they aren't updating their
> database fast enough. They are moving from perl to python, so someone with
> extensive perl experience in this area would be able to pick everything up
> quickly. The project involves loading this data into home grown script build
> from their other location. This is for a fast growing and well known company
> in the Chicago area, and would be great experience. This is a contract
> position with no hard cutoff date.
>
> Technical Requirements
>
> Must Haves:
>
> ·         Experience with command/shell scripting in Python or Perl.
>
> ·         Experience in an Agile environment
>
> ·         Experience with business intelligence
>
> ·         Experience working on ETL
>

> Plus:
>
> ·         Micro Strategy - MSTR
>
> ·         Vertica for cloud data (Analytic Database Mgmt software)
>
> ·         Experience working in small groups/companies
>

> Key Skills:
>
> #1 Communication
>
> #2 Ownership in work/projects
>
> Location: Chicago, IL
>
> Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
>

> Contact : Mike Hosmer at Hudson mike.hosmer at hudson.com
>

> Mike Hosmer
> Technical Recruiter
>
> Hudson
> IT
> 10 South Wacker Drive
> Suite 2600
> Chicago, IL, 60606
> t: 312 795 4265
> f: 312 795 4288
> m: 708 704 4391
> mike.hosmer at hudson.com
> us.hudson.com/it
>
> FROM GREAT PEOPLE TO GREAT PERFORMANCE®
>
> Winner of Best of StaffingTM Award!
>

> *This e-mail is sent by Hudson Highland Group, Inc., or one of its
> subsidiaries, and may contain information that is privileged or
> confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the
> e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.*

blogs:
http://johnstoner.wordpress.com/
'In knowledge is power; in  wisdom, humility.'