[Chicago] chipy pycon sponsorship?

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 17:59:00 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
> If he replies to me, I will ask him to contact you.

Thanks, we are in contact.

> I don't care if the student isn't a member. It is difficult for minors
> in the suburbs to make it to meetings in the city, so I wouldn't hold
> it against him. Perhaps you could accept nominations? I can email you
> directly with nominations.

Ok, so there are several concerns here. We should only send someone
who is involved with ChiPy or plans to be in the future. Also, on the
cost side, do we also need to cover all their expenses including
travel, lodging, and expenses?  If so, is there any way to come up
with a hard limit on what we are willing to spend. I imagine some of
this could come out of the ChiPy bank and trust; however, the rest of
it needs to come directly from our sponsors or the recipient will need
to find on his one.

In other words, I think ChiPy should just pay the Patron fee and I
will try to get that reduced when talking to Jesse. All other costs, I
will work hard to find someone to cover directly; however, I can not
promise. Sound fair?

I will leave it up to you Sheila how you want to nominate someone and
confirm they can still go.

--
Brian Ray
@brianray