[Chicago] Accepting nominations for chipy pycon attendees

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Wed Feb 8 20:40:00 CET 2012

On Feb 8, 2012 1:22 PM, "sheila miguez" <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> Chipy is able to sponsor three registrations for pycon. Please send
> nominations to me, via email, or speak to me in person at the chipy
> meeting on Thursday. Tell me a little bit about your who you are
> nominating and why you would like them to attend pycon. Feel free to
> nominate yourself.
>
> Please speak up for people who would not normally speak up for themselves.
>
> I will approach a few volunteers to help me sort through suggestions
> after the meeting tomorrow.
>
> I realize this is last minute, and I apologize for that. We are a
> little new at this, and didn't get our act together until today. Next
> year we will do better. After pycon we can have a retrospective on how
> to improve this process.
>
> Thanks kindly
>
> --
> sheila

I'll start with Alex Xu, the student from Naperville who kicked this all
off. His father wrote to the PyCon organizers list about getting on a
waiting list because he wanted to go, but unfortunately we don't have such
a list with how full the conference is.

I don't know Alex so I can't really speak up much for him, but it was great
to have a high school student interested not only in Python but in coming
to the conference. Given that he already planned to attend before this, I'd
like for him to get some consideration.