[Chicago] jan video

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Sun Jan 8 22:21:33 CET 2012

I am looking for a number.   Given I am going to ask people who are my
friends, it would be a conflict of interest if I came up with a hight
number,  and I might insult them if too low.  So I would rather not be
the one coming up with the number.

I would like to send some emails "can you video chipy? they will pay $X."

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Adam Jenkins <emperorcezar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have no problem with the group paying for some nice videos. I just didn't
> think you actually wanted the question answered in a number amount when you
> asked. I thought the purpose of the email was to say you wouldn't be there
> and we needed to figure something out.
>

> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Adam Jenkins <emperorcezar at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> > How much is the value of the slides? Because someone can't come up with
>> > number doesn't mean it's zero.
>>
>> Slides out of context aren't that valuable. Particularly for chipy,
>> where the most valuable parts of the presentations aren't contained in
>> slides.
>>
>> > Because the videos aren't sold, and chipy is free, it's very difficult
>> > answer your question. Even an economics professor would have difficulty
>> > doing so.
>>
>> I think an economics prof could come up with something pretty easily
>> by considering the time, labor, and cost of materials used. We could
>> probably come up with a guestimate for opportunity cost.
>>
>> > Also, a smart-ass reply. Q: How much are they worth? A: Exactly what
>> > people
>> > will pay.
>>
>> Carl and I are paying to record everything. I am less motivated than he
>> is.
>>
>> --
>> sheila

Carl K