[Chicago] Debugging FCGI + virtualenv

Jonathan Hayward christos.jonathan.hayward at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 21:59:44 CEST 2012

I have a Django FCGI deployment that I'd like to adapt to use for a Pinax
project. Problem is, I get errors creating the pinax-boot.py virtualenv:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/43673/how-do-i-satisfy-the-warnings-pinax-requirement

The server is a Linode VPS running 32-bit Precise Penguin. I get the same
error under NetBSD 5.0.2. The version of

How can I create a virtualenv for Pinax under 32-bit Precise?

This is using 0.7; 0.7.3 gives:

New python executable in /home/jonathan/v/bin/python
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/jonathan/v/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 67, in <module>
    import os
  File "/home/jonathan/v/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 398, in <module>
    import UserDict
  File "/home/jonathan/v/lib/python2.7/UserDict.py", line 83, in <module>
    import _abcoll
  File "/home/jonathan/v/lib/python2.7/_abcoll.py", line 11, in <module>
    from abc import ABCMeta, abstractmethod
  File "/home/jonathan/v/lib/python2.7/abc.py", line 8, in <module>
    from _weakrefset import WeakSet
ImportError: No module named _weakrefset
ERROR: The executable /home/jonathan/v/bin/python is not functioning
ERROR: It thinks sys.prefix is '/home/jonathan/Pinax-0.7.3-bundle/scripts'
(should be '/home/jonathan/v')
ERROR: virtualenv is not compatible with this system or executable

--
[image: Christos Jonathan Hayward] <http://jonathanscorner.com/>
Jonathan Hayward, an Orthodox Christian author.

*Amazon* <https://www.amazon.com/author/cjshayward> • Author
Bio<http://jonathanscorner.com/author/>
 • *Email <christos.jonathan.hayward at gmail.com>* •
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/christos.jonathan.hayward>
 • Google Plus <http://jonathanscorner.com/plus> •
*Kindle<http://stornge.com/amazon>
* • LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanhayward> •
Twitter<http://twitter.com/JonathansCorner>
 • *Web <http://jonathanscorner.com/>* • What's
New?<http://jonathanscorner.com/>
I invite you to visit my "theology, literature, and other creative works"
site. *See a random page! <http://random.jonathanscorner.com/>*