[Chicago] Web application framework for network visualization

Oren Livne livne at uchicago.edu
Sun Jun 3 20:08:53 CEST 2012

Dear All,

I'd like to write a web app that can display a directed graph as an SVG
image after the particular graph has been selected from a drop down
menu, where nodes are click-able (say, highlighted in red when clicked)
via AJAX that triggers a back-end callback function. Graphs are stored
in a database. What's the best route? I thought of learning django as a
web framework and using cytoscape to display graphs. Of course, I would
have to generate the graph in my code and pass it to cytoscape via AJAX.
Is that an overkill? Is there a simpler way?

Thanks,
Oren

--
A person is just about as big as the things that make him angry.