[Chicago] Django + AJAX

Bob Haugen bob.haugen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 20:52:21 CEST 2012

> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Oren Livne <livne at uchicago.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> What is the best practice of creating a django app with ajax? In
>> particular, polling (periodically updating a portion of a page) and updating
>> a portion upon an event (button click/link click/drop down menu).

Both of the features you mentioned depend mostly on Javascript - not
much on Django.  All of the popular js frameworks assist you in doing
ajaxy interactions.  The most popular among Django programmers I know
is Jquery, but Dojo also has a big Django following.

Besides the other places people suggested for searching, look in:
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/
and
http://stackoverflow.com/