[Chicago] PyPI Server Implementation

Oren Livne livne at uchicago.edu
Tue May 29 14:54:12 CEST 2012

Thank you so much for you responses, Joshua and Tal!

Joshua: it seems chisop is a GUI built on top of djangopypi. Neither
worked for me. I ended up using
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ClueReleaseManager

Tal: this is what the manager does for you, but additionally provides
security roles and supposedly an easy way to upload/download a file that
is in line with pip.

I have another question: can someone recommend a good tutorial of the
python language for scientific computing people? I'm a former Java and
MATLAB developer and am looking to use python for high-performance
computing applications involving large networks. The tutorial should be
comprehensive enough, but not a reference manual.

Thanks,
Oren