[Chicago] python emacs question

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Nov 2 20:31:12 CET 2012

> Does anyone use emacs for python prgramming with emacs?I try to find a
good
> python plugin for my emacs.And my other question what your gvim and emacs
> file look like?

I do.  No plugins, just *nix + XEmacs + python-mode.  The only obviously
Python-related change to my XEmacs init file is:

(add-hook 'python-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)
(add-hook 'font-lock-mode-hook 'turn-on-lazy-lock)

Since most of the editing I do is of Python code, and most of that is to
files under version control, maybe my ediff setup will be indirectly
helpful as well:

(require 'vc)

(let ((ediff-map (make-sparse-keymap)))
  (define-key ctl-x-map "e" ediff-map)
  (define-key ediff-map "r" 'ediff-revision)
  (define-key ediff-map "f" 'ediff-files)
  (define-key ediff-map "d" 'ediff-directories)
  (define-key ediff-map "b" 'ediff-buffers))

I'm (very) old school (been using Emacs since the early 80s, Python since
the mid-90s)...

Skip