[Chicago] From a fan...

Tim Ottinger tottinge at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 00:31:47 CET 2012

Join a software craftsmen group nearby or a python users group.

You'll develop skills, contacts, and friendships that will do you well.

Build stuff for fun.
Read articles/books/commit records on github.
Build more stuff for more fun.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Reposting anonymously with permission:
>

> I have a few questions regarding python employment and noticed you had a
> few posts on the subject.
> I'm very new to the group, and relatively new to python (roughly a year or
> so). I have never worked as a developer in any capacity before. I would
> like to transition at some point to a development position of some sort. I
> don't have any clue where to start though. I'm under the impression that
> due to lack of experience, I would need to intern or something similar
> first. Can you offer any advice on how to proceed? Or perhaps what I should
> be focusing on to build my resume?
> Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Tim Ottinger, Sr. Consultant, Industrial Logic
http://www.industriallogic.com/
http://agileinaflash.com/
http://agileotter.blogspot.com/