[Chicago] Two last procratinating questions

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 17:12:57 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 7:59 AM, Brian Curtin <brian at python.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 7:36 AM, sheila miguez <shekay at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, that was also my reaction, which is why I asked for more details.
>>
>> Randall, most places follow agile methodologies (to varying degrees of
>> success). Do you have followup questions?
>>
> I think the better question is "who in 2012 isn't agile?" but you need to
> define what agile you are looking for.

Agile (with a capital A) is a very specific thing so it is easy to define:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agile_software_development I'd agree with
Brian here. I think most software development is Agile by nature since it
is incremental, iterative, and generally self-organizing (especially in
open source). If anyone isn't releasing frequently and iteratively then
they are probably up against some kind of hardware constraint -- e.g.
shipping a physical phone, relying on a manufactured chip, etc.