[Chicago] Factoring fun with functions in Python

Dan Krol orblivion at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 19:24:58 CET 2012

Thinking more, I realized that in Haskell, this one-or-two line
function thing is practically enforced in the language, with the
exception of do notation. You somehow I do. I do think the concern I
brought up does happen there though. Not having higher level grouping
makes everything completely flat. I mean, we split things into files
for readability. There must be something to be said for hierarchy.

Good point on the testing. Somebody mentioned namespacing. So
basically make a class, and make all these things class methods? That
would pretty much accomplish the same or better as far as visually
grouping similar concerns, while still allowing for testing. Perhaps
I'll try that going forward.