[Chicago] Update your Python resume

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Fri Nov 16 15:35:37 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM, Cezar Jenkins <emperorcezar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Meetup.com seems to have a ton of traction right now. I think someone around here had an account. Would probably be a good idea to put something on there.

I created a meetup account for the Chicago Python Workshop (Like the
Boston group). People sign up for the workshop meetup, ranging from
people with no programming experience to people with 10+ years. Many
of the introductions say things like "would love to meet other
Pythonistas"

Despite linking to chipy in the description of the group, I haven't
seen an uptick in attendance. People don't read the introduction,
perhaps, or forget that chipy exists because there isn't a monthly
entry.

I used to be anti-meetup, but not any more. If I was dictator, I'd
make a meetup. Here's the meetup namespace I made for workshops. I
wish it was in a chipy namespace, and I wish there were signups for
things like hack-nights, sprints, etc.

http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Python-Workshop/

--
sheila