[Chicago] Python-heavy job opening

Steve Schwarz steve at agilitynerd.com
Thu Nov 22 01:34:29 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Rob Kapteyn <robkapteyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> ChiPy people:
> I've been trying to decide how much to ask when I officially re-enter the
> job market.
>
> Then I saw this posting from this morning --
> "Minimum two years of experience with: Python (2.7.x), jQuery+UI, Ajax,
> HTML5, CSS3, MongoDB, OS X, Web Standards."
> Then --
> "$40k-$50k base salary"
>
> It seems like a fun and interesting job, but isn't this ~HALF the going
> rate for this skill set in Chicago ?
> Or am I that far out-of-touch with the market ?
>
> - Rob

I didn't see the OP but don't think it is appropriate to dissect hiring
postings on this list; I'm glad they are interested in chipy folk.
AFAIK "It depends". If it is a financials/trading place you could be
looking at substantial bonuses (50-100%) over the base.

Best Regards,
Steve
Blogs: http://agilitynerd.com/  http://tech.agilitynerd.com/
Dog Agility Search: http://googility.com/