[Chicago] Python-heavy job opening

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 18:19:45 CET 2012

The OP was not spam but discussion as to whether the pay is suitable is
also on topic in my opinion. This could constitute valuable feedback for
the employer.

I gather that they have an in-house developed system and they are trying to
replace the developer. If that is the case they are setting themselves up
for failure. They need to double the amount or hire two people, because
working somebody else's setup is much harder than setting it up. That's
especially likely to be a problem if the previous developer was on a lowish
salary, primarily working alone, and had little or no incentive for outside
code reviews.

mt