[Chicago] Django 1.5 AUTH_USER_MODEL

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Thu Nov 29 14:24:36 CET 2012

I've been chatting with a couple folks who are trying to come to grips
with some of Django 1.5's new features, and between those discussions
and reading the docs I'm wondering if this is going to be a big mess.
Once simple little thing - this is going to break 3rd party apps (if
you use a custom user model) that haven't been modified to use
settings.AUTH_USER_MODEL instead of the traditional direct reference
that wires in the model from contrib, yes?  Which would be the vast
majority of them at this point, I'd expect.  ;-(

It all just seems rather slipshod to me... but then I have been saying
for quite a while that contrib delanda est.

--
We reject kings, presidents, and voting.
We believe in rough consensus