[Chicago] Question re virtualenv and production environments

Matt Bone thatmattbone at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 20:14:44 CET 2012

The only thing I'd mention is that it's generally considered a security
risk to have a C-compiler on a production machine, so if you're building
virtual environments that require c extensions, you might think about
building them on a staging box that's identical to your production box and
syncing that environment over to your prod box somehow.  Other than that, I
also highly recommend using virtualenv in production. Works great.

--matt