[Chicago] Introduce Yourself

John Stoner johnstoner2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:53:35 CEST 2012

I'm John Stoner. I've done a lot of work in Python and Jython, a bit with
Django, but it seems my career keeps pulling me back towards developing
command line/administration tools.

Right now I'm learning the pleasures and quirks of Ruby. It's comparable to
Python--imagine if Guido van Rossum had spent some years working in Perl
and had never developed an allergy to functional programming.  Lot of
map/reduce patterns in my code these days. Like I say, pleasures and quirks.

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Bob Haugen <bob.haugen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm Bob Haugen.  I used to attend occasional Chipy meetings, but now
> live 4 hours northwest, so now I mostly just lurk on the mailing list
> (which I still find useful and interesting - a good crowd).
>
> I've been making Django apps for local economic development projects
> and new-economy experiments.
> https://github.com/bhaugen

blogs:
http://johnstoner.wordpress.com/
'In knowledge is power; in  wisdom, humility.'