[Chicago] Android emulators?

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 13:36:46 CEST 2012

The slowness and RAM usage of the Android emulator is what prompted me
to start my SL4A Pythom Mock API project. My goal is to be able to try
out my code using much faster desktop equivalents to Android
functionality. I'll still want to use the emulator or a device for
testing, but I can get away with using it a lot less often while
developing. I currently only have makeToast, recognizeSpeach,
ttsIsSpeaking, and ttsSpeak working. Pull requests are welcome!

https://github.com/brousch/sl4a_pydroid_mock_api

P.S.
The emulator is usually only really slow the first time you start it.
If you leave it running and have plenty of CPU and RAM, it's really
not too bad.