[Chicago] Status of wsgi

Garrett Smith g at rre.tt
Tue Oct 9 19:09:15 CEST 2012

It's been a number of years now since I've built web stuff in Python
(forgive me) but last I checked, wsgi was still the dominant force in
Python land for anything web.

With Python 3, web sockets, crazed fixation on async socket servers,
etc. I'm wondering if that's still the case. Has wsgi been able to
keep up with the latest trends, or is it falling over? Is there
another standard in Python land that shows more promise or growth
trajectory?

I ask because I'm researching some options for a similar spec for the
Erlang community -- and I'd like to catalog the good and bad of
Python's (much more mature) web ecosystem.

Garrett