[Chicago] Status of wsgi

Japhy Bartlett japhy at pearachute.com
Thu Oct 11 20:30:30 CEST 2012

When you're doing something like comet polling, "sitting around doing
nothing" means blocking the client request until you have data to return,
versus closing the connection and having the client repeatedly send
requests.

You're correct, it's mostly a resource optimization, but it can be
significant if you're trying to handle lots of clients in real time.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but tornado is a great example of
WSGI and async living together in a single python webapp.