[Chicago] Python on OSX Install

Tom Yarrish tom at yarrish.com
Thu Oct 11 23:00:24 CEST 2012

Hey all,
So I wanted to find out if there is a decent install doc on getting
Python 2.x (from source) running correctly on OS X (in this case 10.6
and higher).  I'm still in the process of googling, but I wasn't sure
if anyone had a good reference guide to work off of.

I've seen a lot about how there are some minor annoyances in how Apple
packages it, and I run into some of them now and then when I'm trying
to install some python modules that are more geared for *nix systems.

So aside from running a Linux VM to do my Python stuff, are there any
other good resources to look at?

Thanks,
Tom