[Chicago] Python on OSX Install

Mike Steder steder at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 23:26:53 CEST 2012

Do you need to compile from source or are you just not interested in
using the Apple packaged Python?  I prefer to use a non-OS install of
Python and lately I've been installing Python with Homebrew
(http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/) which simply downloads and compiles
Python from source.  The cool thing about Homebrew is that it also
documents the steps to compile Python so if you don't care for
Homebrew you can read the 'formula' and follow the steps yourself.

Start with the install method:
https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/python.rb.