[Chicago] MediaGoblin fundraiser w/ the FSF launches

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Sat Oct 13 02:35:33 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Christopher Allan Webber
<cwebber at dustycloud.org> wrote:
> Yo all,
>
> Those of you who have been around with ChiPy long enough probably know
> who I am, and have maybe even heard me talk about my pet project, GNU
> MediaGoblin.  It's basically a python, free and open source software
> decentralized replacement for YouTube, Flickr, SoundCloud, etc.
>
> Well!  I quit my job at Creative Commons to persue it full time.  And
> we're now doing a fundraiser in conjunction with the FSF to try to raise
> funds for development:
>
>   http://mediagoblin.org/pages/campaign.html[1]
>
> Being born and raised on Python at ChiPy, this is in a sense YOUR
> project!  Help make a ChiPy success story and spread the word and
> donate.  Also, be sure to watch the video, I spent a god-damned month on
> it. ;)
>
> Also, an article about us in Linux Pro Magazine:
>
>   http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/Features/MediaGoblin-Saving-the-Internet-Through-Federation[2]
>
> Anyway, anything you can do to help is appreciated!  Wish me
> luck... we're going to need it!  But with your help we can make it
> happen!
>
> Go free and open source python web applications written by Chicagoans!
> (Or Chicago-trained ;))

Last nights talk:

 http://pyvideo.org/video/1418/mediagoblin-update

Complete with some slight of hand to splice in the original video so
you don't have to watch a video of a video, which wouldn't be so bad
except the audio would have been yucky.

--
Carl K