[Chicago] be a community TA for coursera's python course

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Tue Oct 16 17:13:51 CEST 2012

Yes, I agree with Aisha. Also, show up to the python office hours at
Pumping Station: One. Every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month.

http://wiki.pumpingstationone.org/Python_Office_Hours

and get on my case to update the wiki page.

And I'd like to know if people are interested in office hours but not
showing up for any reason (inconvenient time, location, etc.)

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Aisha Halim <aishahalim at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think signing up for the Interactive Python course
> (https://www.coursera.org/course/interactivepython) would be excellent
> for beginners -- there is little to no programming experience
> required.
>
> There is homework due every week, and quizzes (not graded) during the
> lectures themselves, so it might prove itself well-paced. I didn't
> take this course before, but have tried out another one and it's very
> similar to a college-type curriculum.
>
> -Aisha
>

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM, T Wilson <wilson.tamarrie at gmail.com> wrote:
>> do you have anything for us newbies???

[my post about TAing for the new coursera course using python]
>>> The course starts on 10/15:
>>> <https://www.coursera.org/course/interactivepython>
[snip]

--