[Chicago] Talk proposal, SQLAlchemy?

Jordan Bettis jordanb at hafd.org
Thu Oct 18 01:53:54 CEST 2012

On 10/13/2012 03:11 PM, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
> Tal Liron writes:
>
>> I think your app is a great use case for Tornado, and a great topic for
>> a ChiPy talk. ;)
>
> I do agree that I'd love to hear a talk on this, especially since I know
> Jordan won't be like "tornado is awesome because reddit told me it's the
> bee's knees".

I think it may be possible to put something together on this, although
I've already posted all I have to say on the subject. So it'd probably
be a pretty short talk.

But I have developed a different idea that I would like to propose:

I also decided to use SQLAlchemy on the project. It wasn't the first
time I'd used SQLAlchemy, but before this I was always somewhat
befuddled by it. SQLAlchemy seems to be a lot like Joyce in that it
comes so highly recommended that you figure there must be something to
it, but it sure is difficult to figure out what that is.

Anyway, I think over the past few months I've really come to love it,
and I think I understand now why it's so awesome. And I'd like to make a
talk on that.

So, would the group what to hear something like that?