[Chicago] ChiPy at Braintree

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 15:22:18 CEST 2012

There has been a lot of excitement on and off the list about our November
ChiPy meeting. We already have the best hosts and venue over.

Here is what I am hearing so far...

 SQLAlchemy (I see +3 for December, yikes!)
 Stack Overflow excerpts explored  (Adam Forsyth)

Also we have some outstanding requests for ChiPy to present on things.
 This one is from a prominent CTO in Chicago, requesting a demo:

"(We) have not reviewed Django in years and would like to see the framework
with TDD and how it plays with github and any CI tools  (jenkins, vagrant,
chef, puppet, etc.)"

... Anybody want to take a swing at this?

And per our conversation last night (great meeting ChiPy North BTW), it
amazes me how many people found Python though Physics. I would love if one
of scientists could bring some thinking forward, in a Pythonic sense, how
this language usage in Science can be reapplied to general Python
programming in areas like Big Data and Web.

Cheers, Brian

--
Brian Ray
@brianray