[Chicago] ChiPy at Braintree

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Fri Oct 26 16:57:18 CEST 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com> wrote:

> And per our conversation last night (great meeting ChiPy North BTW), it
> amazes me how many people found Python though Physics. I would love if one
> of scientists could bring some thinking forward, in a Pythonic sense, how
> this language usage in Science can be reapplied to general Python
> programming in areas like Big Data and Web.

I think there will be a Software-Carpentry.org workshop at UoC in
January, which means Greg Wilson or some of the other regulars will be
in Chicago during January. I would like to see talks from them. And,
from their point of view, they take the opposite. What can scientists
learn from general programmers.

I've seen a lot of questions brought up on their blog that could be
tackled during a chipy meeting.

If the scientists find it easier to make it to chipy north, then okay,
I guess I'm willing to make a trek for that. The topics are
interesting!

--
sheila