[Chicago] Fwd: Looking for some developers for Badg.us (Mozilla Open Badges)

eviljoel eviljoel at linux.com
Tue Oct 30 01:14:27 CET 2012

Might be of interest to some of you.

Laters,
eviljoel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris McAvoy <chris.mcavoy at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Subject: [PS1-Public] Looking for some developers
To: pumping-station-one-public at googlegroups.com

Hi Pumpers,

I work for Mozilla, spending a lot of time on the Open Badges project.
A few months ago, at the Detroit Maker Faire, badges were issued
through Badg.us, a side project of another Mozillian, Les Orchard.
Badg.us is a simple to use badge issuing platform that's getting a
fair amount of traction in the larger maker community. There's rumors
that the Maker Faire governing body might start using Badg.us more
formally, it's just a rumor, but seems like there's some real
potential there.

Badg.us has a list of things they'd like to accomplish on the
platform, but not enough developers to get it all done. If you're a
Python / Django developer, and want to spend some time hacking on a
project that could have a real impact in the Maker world, feel free to
contact me offline, so I can put you in touch with the folks in
charge.  If you'd rather just jump in, the code is up on Github,
https://github.com/lmorchard/badg.us

Stuff they want to accomplish is tracked in Github issues.

Thanks,
Chris

--
@chmcavoy