[Chicago] opening a file for read in 3.2

Randall Baxley rlbax777 at swbell.net
Wed Oct 31 22:22:59 CET 2012

Perhaps someone here can help me.  I had worked through the pythonlearn.com exercises and was able to open and work with files in 2.7 by having the file in the same directory as I opened Python.
This does not seem to be working in 3.2 for the course I am taking in Coursera from the U of Toronto.
>>> FF = "C:\Python32\FF.txt" >>> ff = open(FF, 'r') Traceback (most recent call last): File "<pyshell#74>", line 1, in <module> ff = open(FF, 'r') IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\Python32\FF.txt'Where am I going wrong here? Is there a more complete path in Windows that I am not seeing? In a new window I can open this file for editing so I know it is there.Thank you,Randy