[Chicago] ChiPy Monthy Meeting: Thurs Sept 13th 7pm Matplotlib Topics and more

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 14:46:11 CEST 2012

Chicago Python User Groups invites you to a special meeting in memory
of one of our long time members, John Hunter, author of Matplotlib
(ref http://numfocus.org/johnhunter./). A collection will be made and
matched to some percentage (TBD) by ChiPy then donated to the Memorial
Fund. Checks can be made out to "Chicago Python User Group" or cash
can be handed to me. I will give you a hand written receipt if you
requested one.

John would want the best meeting ever... this is exactly that!
Everyone is welcome to this meeting, feel free to bring a guest. It
will be a small group so there should be an opportunity to interface
and have some small discussions.

When:  This Thursday September 13th at 7PM (get there early if you
want to be sure to get some pizza before it runs out)

Where: ITA 15th Floor 200 S. Wacker Drive Chicago, IL 60606
312.435.2805 http://goo.gl/maps/v95sI

RSVP Here: http://chipy.org

Agenda:

Free Food and Drink (starting at 6:45)

Matplotlib Examples Uses (:45 Forty-Five Minutes)
By: Greg Kettler
Two examples of using matplotlib: first, in Greg's PhD research in
marine microbiology; second, in plotting baseball PITCHf/x data.

Event Driven Concurrency (:30 Thirty Minutes)
By: Ben Toews
Ben recently discovered event driven concurrency. He will be talking
about some of the basics as well as trying to compare it with other
concurrency options. The focus will be on its application in a few
recent projects as well as a comparison of Python's gevent and
node.js. Some of the demos will also be using matplotlib in honor of
John Hunter's passing.

(Forward this on)

ChiPy website: http://chipy.org
ChiPy Announcement *ONLY* Mailing List: