[Chicago] pydev

Samir Faci samir at esamir.com
Sun Apr 28 04:21:00 CEST 2013

I'm a big fan of PyCharm..  actually I should rephrase that.. I'm a
big fan of Intellij, I do wish their products weren't paid....and more
free...but it's the first piece of software that I've bought in
years..

(Linux user, here.. most software I tend to use is pretty much free ).

1.  Git Integration is awesome.
2.  Diffing, history navigation, ability to autoformat xml, json,
etc.. is pretty slick.
3.  Virtualenv support allowing you to create a per project
environment is pretty cool.  It has some intelligence regarding
django, though I haven't used it that much.

Failing that.. I like vim.  emacs or vim.. I usually don't care enough
or use it often enough to get the auto completion working, but I find
pycharm + vim bindings to be my ideal environment.

Intellj also has an IDE for java, and rubymine for rails all of which
I've heard pretty awesome praises on from various folks.

I've used Eclipse as well..but it just feels to fat, too bloated...and
god help you if you install too many plugins.

just my 2 cents.

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Adam "Cezar" Jenkins
<emperorcezar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also a whole load of information at
> http://emacswiki.org/emacs/PythonProgrammingInEmacs
>

> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Ken Stox <ken at stox.org> wrote:
>>

>> For a real nice setup with Emacs:
>>
>> http://caisah.info/emacs-for-python/

Samir Faci
*insert title*
fortune | cowsay -f /usr/share/cows/tux.cow

Sent from my non-iphone laptop.