[Chicago] shared ipynb packages

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Sun Aug 11 17:12:54 CEST 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 1:55 AM, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 12:39 AM, Kenneth Stox <ken at stox.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2013-08-11 at 00:03 -0500, Carl Karsten wrote:
> >> Yes, there are ways of automating the python deployment process, which
> >> reduces the deployment time and makes it more repeatable, but I don't
> >> think the current tools (fabric, chef..) can be used to do anything a
> >> simple as "copy the jar."
> >
> > You folks might find this of interest:
> >
> > http://continuum.io/blog/introducing-bundles
> >

> That's looking kinda cool, but one key thing I don't understand:

One thing I don't understand is why didn't he notice that was the url that
started this entire thread? also, I regret using package in my subject
line. that word is just overloaded.

>  Bundles shared on Wakari have access to all of the packages installed
> in Anaconda.
>
> What is Wakari and Anaconda?

Wakari is a platform as a service provided by Enthought (the kickass
company) who provides Anaconda as a python distribution that has batteries
included for ipython, etc.

--
sheila