[Chicago] Guido speaks

Joe Germuska joe at germuska.com
Tue Aug 20 16:32:34 CEST 2013

This is cool.

BTW, it's being coalesced into a future Guido blog post, so this may be a better place to jump in if you want to read it:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10WOZgLQaYNpOrag-eTbUm-JUCCfdyfravZ4qSOQPg1M/edit

Joe

On Aug 20, 2013, at 9:14 AM, Adam Forsyth <adam at adamforsyth.net> wrote:

> Tl;dr It's not about tulip.
>
> It is a writeup of a number of the main concepts behind Twisted deferreds. It's quite detailed, has useful commentary, and includes code examples to illustrate each concept.
>
> The author of Twisted praised it almost without reservation. I'd recommend it even if you have no interest in Async. It's an excellent example of a technical article.
>
> On Aug 20, 2013 8:34 AM, "Martin Maney" <maney at two14.net> wrote:
>
> Just saw this late last evening, call it Guido's Sermon on Deferreds:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/python-tulip/ut4vTG-08k8/discussion
>
> Short form: Python's Tulips still won't have 'em.
>
> --
> Now people have pondered this time and again (Who dies? Everyone dies)
> We suspect that we're more than mere mortal remains (Oh, everyone dies)
> Wise men and prophets they've all had their say
>   on the nature of our afterlives
> But in case there's no beer there we'll have one more round (Oh everyone dies)
>  -- James Keelaghan in "Who Dies?", an upbeat song about mortality

Joe Germuska
Joe at Germuska.com * http://blog.germuska.com * http://twitter.com/JoeGermuska

"Science's job is to map our ignorance." --David Byrne