[Chicago] ChiPy is Awesome

Yarko Tymciurak yarkot1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 06:26:30 CEST 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Randy Baxley <randy7771026 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am sort of plus 1 and minus one on that.

Ok...

>  The EdX platform seemed ok but the 6.0 lecturers put me to sleep.

The course - any particular course is not the same as the delivery and
development platform, you realize...
(don't know what you mean by "the 6.0 lecturers...")

>  I find the testing of student's functions interesting even when the
> testing process fails working code because all possible solutions were not
> tested.

The platform doesn't provide testing of student functions / code, the
courseware author does.
Again, I'm not sure if you're thinking in terms of the underlying system
for delivery, and how it facilitates (where it does) for course authors to
design their (basically) django apps to test student homework.

For example, why would anyone test "all possible solutions" of code ...
_ever_?

For courseware, the solution has little to do with it being a django app
underneath:   you can lint the language (enforce certain style guidelines
as part of grading),  you can run unit and interface tests on the turned in
assignments to ensure that functionality is achieved;   you can  look at
code structure and size (programmatically).   These are interesting
challenges in delivering MOOCs, but they are not about the edx django
underpinnings.