[Chicago] Shall ChiPy have a "project night"?

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Fri Aug 30 18:34:26 CEST 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Brian Curtin <brian at python.org> wrote:

> > It should be restricted to learning Python.  It is easy to get
> > derailed into trying to install Linux, or html/css browser problems.
> > It's great that a bunch of people are learning random things, but if
> > we hare concentrating on something other than Python, we are not
> > learning Python.
>
> I think you're suggesting something else that could also occur, but a
> project night is a project night. It *is* productivity - working on a
> project. Learning night or whatever you want to call it could be
> another thing, or *the* thing if that's what people actually want, but
> that's not a project night.

I am with Brian here.

For example, Someone might show up who is figuring out how to use static
files (css) when hosting a django site on heroku. I am not against that
person maybe asking the room if someone has done that before.

Maybe Asheesh has advice as to whether a project night requires a library
voice?

--
sheila